- Faran is a perennial herb with rosy flowers whose leaves and inflorescence are dried and used for seasoning. Faran is found at very High Altitudes of 2500-3000m in Alpine Himalayas of Uttarakhand.
- Faran is a magic spice with immense health benefits.
- Regular use of it helps to reduce Cholesterol and the risk of heart diseases. It aids digestion and is a blessing for diabetics.
- It is also used as a remedy for reducing menstrual discomfort, ease childbirth and improve lactation in women.
- This natural herb is extensively used in Uttarakhand for flavouring and seasoning curries, soups, pickles, and even meat preparations.
- Stalks of Faran fried in ghee or oil helps enhance the flavour of dishes. It adds a faint aroma of Onion and Garlic to the dish when used in Tadka.