Chakrata Rajma comes from Jaunsar-Bawar region of Uttarakhand.
This Rajma is grown at an altitude of around 7000 feet and it is 100% free from chemicals and pesticides.
This Rajma is crimson (deep red) in Color and gives a very good dark color to the dal prepared with it.
DIRECTIONS TO BOIL RAJMA:
- No need to soak the rajma overnight.
- Put rajma in pressure cooker with some cold water (enough to cover the seeds) and cook for two whistles.
- Let the pressure of cooker release on its own.
- Open the pressure cooker, add more cold water according to your need and cook for two more Whistles.
- Let the pressure release on its own. Your Rajma is boiled.